Re: [Exim] logging

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: William Thompson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Philip Hazel
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] logging
> > Since I'm using mysql with exim, I was wondering why can't exim use sql to
> > do logging.
>
> I have to confess to amazement that anybody would want to do that. I
> guess I'm just old fashioned, but the resource cost seems horrendous.
>
> > I realize there are different logs that exim makes in different formats so
> > I'm not sure how difficult it would be.
>
> There is a Wish List item that, if implemented, would provide a hook for
> the insertion of local code to handle log lines. That would enable you
> to do what you want.

I was thinking about apache which has the ability to do this.

I wouldn't even consider doing this with something that would have a large
log file. I did think about doing apache, but for what we'll be doing with
it, there's no need. But apache's log entries are all the same format.
EXIM's log entries vary. Like the from line, rejection lines, etc. That's
why I'm not sure how I'd go about it.