Re: [Exim] Relay Problem

Author: Roy Coates
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relay Problem
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Kirill Miazine wrote:

> Exim should only deal with ENVELOPE sender and recipients, not the
> actual message contents (unless you tell Exim to do so).
>
> You can use system filter facility to reject messages with bad header
> lines, but that's an ugly hack.

Looks that way.

> A very useful advice: don't use RAV for Exim. Ignoring the advice will
> make you lose valid email.

Not my system, not my choice!

It would appear that the exim server is behaving correctly in passing the
mail through to the general mailserver after scanning it. It is the
responsibility of the general server to determine if this is to be relayed
or not.

It looks like we've persuaded the general server to do its job now ;)

Cheers,

Roy.