Re: [Exim] Relay Problem

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Kirill Miazine
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Roy Coates
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Relay Problem
Roy Coates wrote:

> Hi,
>    I'm new to this list so please excuse me if this is a FAQ.

This is not FAQ :)

> I'm running Exim 3.35 with RAV anti spam/virus as a gateway for several
> domains. Incoming messages with a To: field of the form
>
> "victim@???
>
> are being routed to victim@???

Are you talking about the To: field of the message header or about the
envelope recipient.

What version of RAV you are using and how you invoke it. This is
important, because at least 1 year ago RAV for Exim was rather br0ken
(this is why I stopped using it once I discovered the problem and use
RAV for Postfix with Exim now).

> The percent hack version of this is happily rejected, but the version with
> two actual @ symbols is allowed through. I've read and re-read the exim
> docs, spoken with a few exim-using postmasters I know and nobody seems
> able to trap these messages.

With two (or more) @ signs in the envelope recipient or the To: message
header field?

> I'm getting pretty desperate now, can anyone shed any light on this?

At least previously RAV for Exim (this is probably fixed in the more
recent releases, I don't know) was braindead. It took a message for
scanning, scanned it and then resent the message to people in To:, Cc:
and Bcc: *header* fields using the address in the From: *header* field
as the envelope sender. My guess is (assuming that RAV still works that
way) that RAV handles To: header fields in some strange way.

--
Kirill Miazine, Stud. Jur.
Faculty of Law, University of Oslo