[Exim] Holding back delivery?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Johann Spies
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Holding back delivery?
We have a three exim mail servers and the bulk of our users (probably
mor than 98% or 18000) are Microsoft exchange clients. We have a
serious problem at the moment after the san on which the exchange data
is stored, broke.

The delivery process works like this:

Exim queries a postgresql database to determine where each user's mail
must be delivered. Exchange mail are then delivered to a few exchange
servers.

Is there a way to tell exim not to deliver mail to specific exchange
servers for a day or two without sending the mail back? Apparently
the exchange people have to keep smtp active on their side while they
repair the system, but they don't want to receive mail from the
exim-machines.

This is becoming a serious problem for us and I would appreciate some
advice on the situation.

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036
System Administator

     "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be
      free indeed."         John 8:36