Re: [Exim] deny and require in acl

Author: Kevin P. Fleming
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] deny and require in acl
William Thompson wrote:
> Pretty much what I had thought, just looks strange to me to see the require
> since it's a deny if the condition is false.

The reason this exists is that when you have an ACL entry with multiple
conditions, using deny or require can make it much easier to write and
much more obvious how the ACL entry works. Yes, it just changes the
sense of all the tests, but that can be useful.

In fact, I use "deny" and "require" more to _document_ the purpose of
the ACL entry, rather than to simplify the ACL entry writing itself.