Re: [Exim] Exim 4.14 / FreeBSD port. lsearch not working su…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Exim Users, sheldonh
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.14 / FreeBSD port. lsearch not working suddenly?
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> hostlist relay_from_hosts = lsearch:/usr/local/etc/exim/relay_from_hosts
>
> where relay_from_hosts is just a list of straight IPs (not cidrs or
> hostnames) one per line.

Well (apart from the colon typo, which you know about), that won't work.
An "lsearch" in a host list searches for the host *name*. If you want to
search for IP addresses, you need "net-lsearch". This hasn't changed.

> Sample log entries - timestamps snipped
>
> no host name found for IP address 61.11.79.22

Exactly.

> I had to change to specifying the addresses mailman would relay for in
> my exim configure file itself -
>
> hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : ::1 : 202.77.223.48

Yup. Within a host list (which is scanned sequentially) you can mix
names and IP addresses, but not in a lookup, because Exim has to know
what key to use for the lookup.