Re: [Exim] Performance Enhancements

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nico Erfurth
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Richard Bible
Kopio: Exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Performance Enhancements
Richard Bible wrote:

> I am quite new to the admin of exim and I am wondering if anyone has
> a list or some sample configurations to increase performance using
> Exim 3.4. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Exim 3.4.?

You can search the list-archives, you will find many performance related
dicussions there.

The details depend on your used system and how you use exim.

Some hints:
- Get fast disks
- Get RAM!
- use split_spool_directory
- use a local dns-server or dns-cache
- use cdb (or another fast dbm) for data that needs to be looked up very
often
- get a fallback-host that holds the mails you can't deliver immediantly

Nico