Re: [Exim] Small glitch when building 4.14 with tls

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
CC: Philip Hazel
Subject: Re: [Exim] Small glitch when building 4.14 with tls
man, 2003-03-31 kl. 15:36 skrev Philip Hazel:

> > In file included from tls.c:84:
> > tls-openssl.c: In function `tls_init':
> > tls-openssl.c:343: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
>
> It's probably yet another signed vs unsigned character things. Oh, how
> often I wish that signed characters had never been invented.
>
> > I've gone ahead and installed anyway. I am only wondering if
> > it's so critical, because I am using TLS certs.
>
> I'm sure it's OK. I'll check it out and try to stop it giving a warning.

You seem to have mellowed a lot recently. I remember when I compiled
Exim 3-whatever-it-was on UnixWare 7 about 3 years ago and it kept on
giving "incompatible pointer type"s (Open Server compiles never did.). I
told you, and you more or less wrote: "Don't bother me with
inconsequentialities, you have to expect that, go away" :)

Most complicated compiles wil give this in a few modules: PHP4, Openldap
etc. Just ignore it.

Best,

Tony

--