Re: [Exim] Sender verify warning as spamassassin trigger

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Dickenson, Steven
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sender verify warning as spamassassin trigger
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Dickenson, Steven wrote:

> I'm curious about something. I'm currently doing sender verify rejection.
> I'm wondering if I switch to sender verification warnings, can I then use
> that warning as a trigger for spamassassin to score on?

Yes, the message which you specify for the warning will be cut as an
additional header (so make it be something of the form
"x-whatever-warning: explanatory text"), and then you can rate that
header at SA time. Lots of uses for this mechanism.

> Running Exim 4.10 with SA-Exim, and SpamAssassin v2.43.

yup. There are newer versions, but the principle is the same.