Re: [Exim] temporarily unable to verify sender address (try …

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Alan J. Flavell
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: WIAME Jean-Robert
Kopio: Exim users list
Aihe: Re: [Exim] temporarily unable to verify sender address (try again later)
On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, WIAME Jean-Robert wrote:

> 2003-03-28 09:41:53 rejected MAIL FROM: temporarily unable to verify
> sender address (try again later) <apache@???>
> H=(ensim.rackshack.net) [192.168.150.2]

Where did that 192.168.*.* address come from???

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ensim.rackshack.net.    27941   IN      A       127.0.0.1

> How could I remove it?

Add them to your sender blacklist? Surely you test that first
before verifying the sender?

In general, you could (and we in fact do) put a clause something like
this in your RCPT ACL

  deny    sender_domains = partial-dbm;CONFIG_DIR/unreach_domains.db
          message = We are currently unable to accept mail from \
          $sender_address_domain\n\
          because that mail domain is persistently unreachable or not\n\
          responding properly, for reasons that are outside our control.\n\
          We do not know if/when the problem will be resolved, but you\n\
          could try again in a few days, or if the matter is urgent\n\
          then contact postmaster@???

Then, when such[1] problems get noticed, add the email domain to your
unreachable_domains dbm. (A plain file instead of a dbm would be OK
if you don't have many entries).

(I suppose one could add "misconfigured" to the list of causes in that
message?)

[1] By "such" problems I mean problems that are technically retryable
but which persist for so long that it's fair to treat them as
permanent.

But the list should be re-checked occasionally - they aren't all
necessarily spammers, and problems do get fixed, sometimes.

cheers