[Exim] Re: exim 4 packages for Debian GNU/Linux available in…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Andreas Metzler
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Re: exim 4 packages for Debian GNU/Linux available in the experimental distribution
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 09:25:33PM +0000, Soren Andersen wrote:
> [Trying to privately send to Andreas Metzler, sorry...]

As you also mailed to the list I'll reply there.
[...]
> * build a "custom" daemon (need SSL support for connecting to my ISP).

[...]
> I ran the main build of the pkg:

>    # fakeroot debian/rules builddaemon[...]=custom base[?]
>    # fakeroot debian/rules ""  "" "" ""   ""  binary[?] blah foo...

> Or something like that. I got 3 packages placed in the parent-level dir, a
> "exim4-4.14[...].deb" and a daemon .deb. I had downloaded the non-compileable
> all-arch "exim4-config[...].deb" package also (no source files for that one).

It's built from the same source.

> My installation failure seems AFAICT to be due to the "exim4-config" .deb
> package, not to the stuff I built from source (which supplies exim4daemon and
> exim4base). When installing I used apt-get in the canonical manner (after
> moving the .deb files to a local repository area I created for home-built
> .debs and editing my /etc/apt/sources.list file to reflect that, and running
> 'apt-get update').

> The debconf preconfigure session seemed to run to satisfactory completion. The
> apt tried to install the packages and dpkg run by apt choked when it came time
> to run the actual configuration of exim4-config: it complained of missing
> commands and exited with a non-zero retval.

> What was missing were two tools that should be familiar to the Debian
> packagers:
>    *  update-exim4defaults
>    *  update-exim4.conf

[...]

If this ist the case your installation is severly broken. These two
commands are part of exim4-config and because of the dependency chain

exim4-daemon-* -> exim4-base --> exim4-config

it isn't (shouldn't be ;-) possible to have a daemon without the
update-* commands installed. I'd suggest purging anything named
exim4-*, fetching exim4-base and exim4-config from the debian mirror
and installing these two together with  your exim4-daemon-custom.
               cu andreas