Re: [Exim] finding html comments - long (sorry)

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tony Earnshaw
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] finding html comments - long (sorry)
tir, 2003-03-25 kl. 16:49 skrev Ryan Cartwright:

> we have a system filter which checks $message_body for various words to
> intercept junk, spam and p0rnographic mail. This has worked fine until
> recently when we have received a number of messages from clever
> spammers.
>
> The mail messages are html and the trigger words have random html
> comments inserted in the middle of them.
>
> e.g. live s<!-- dgshdfg -->ex show

If you're really worried about this kind of filter not catching spam,
and you don't want spam, you should take a look at SpamAssassin 2.52
(2.52 has just been just released).

Download it, unpack it and look at the separate rules in the 'rules'
directory. See why you can't ever use an Exim filter to filter out spam
effectively. What you can do, is use Exim 4's (means upgrading, though)
very advanced ACLs and DNSBL trapping to help in banning likely hosts,
but they'll never fully be able to do what SpamAssassin does.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw