Re: [Exim] Transport dies on signal 11

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Transport dies on signal 11
tir, 2003-03-25 kl. 12:45 skrev Nico Erfurth:

> > The strange thing is, that my exim 4.14 binary (Linux, gcc 3.0.4, glibc
> > 2.2.4-24), compiled after compiling and installing Openssl 0.9.7a, is
> > using two different (and possibly conflicting) Openssl libcrypto
> > versions. I don't dare to remove 0.9.6b for fear of breaking standard RH
> > 7.2 stuff.

Turns out it's using 2 different libssl versions at the same time, too.
Curiouser and curiouser.

> OpenSSL and BDB are the only libs I don't like to compile myself,
> because of the changing APIs all the time, they like to break things :)

> You like to play with the fire, don't you? ;)

Because, just as with Exim, I keep up to date with Openldap, I "have to"
use BDB 4.1.25. Openldap 2.1.16 is a rip-snorter and has much stuff,
speed and bug fixes that no earlier versions have.

I have the following BDB stuff *active* on my compile machine:

db.h -> db.h.bdb4.1
db.h.bdb3 -> db3/db.h
db.h.bdb4.0 -> /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include/db.h
db.h.bdb4.1 -> /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include/db.h

I.e., my standard db.h is for BDB 4.1 and that's what I told exim 4.14
to use, just to see whether exim swallowed it without throwing up.

But no, exim uses 3.3. I don't mind, my mail server works bootifully,
but why all the above holy mix up with ssl and BDB? I'm not a C
programmer and don't want to start going through reams of make code to
find out why.

I seem to remember that my earlier exims /did/ use 4.0, when that was my
Openldap BDB.

Does anyone know why exim chooses what it does, headers and libraries?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw