Re: [Exim] Sintactically invalid arguments... where?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Kevin P. Fleming
Päiväys:
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Sintactically invalid arguments... where?
Lukas wrote:
> Where is the mistake? is this a specific problem in my configuration or something not RFC-compliant in their set up? This is the only server giving me this error. I do not have restrictions other than the default ones in my configuration of ACLs, deny senders and system-filter.
> The only thingh I know is that it should be a Microsoft server (please do not reply that I should not be surprised.... :))))

You should not be surprised. :-)

The problem is the "_" character in the HELO/EHLO argument; it is not
legal. By default Exim will not accept it.

However, if you search the mailing list archives you will see the
discussions related to this, and the instructions for how to accept it.
It is your choice whether to do so or not; given the high number of
misconfigured Microsoft Exchange servers out there (and the ridiculous
difficulty of renaming them), you will probably end up accepting them.