Re: [Exim] Unexpected callout failure

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marc MERLIN
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Patrice Fournier
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Unexpected callout failure
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 04:47:12PM -0500, Patrice Fournier wrote:
> 2003-03-21 14:16:55 H=smtp3.wanadoo.fr (mwinf0402.wanadoo.fr)
> [193.252.22.27] sender verify fail for <[a validaddress here]@wanadoo.fr>:
> response to "RSET" from smtp.wanadoo.fr [193.252.22.83] was: 550
> <mail.sabius.net-1048274167-testing@???>: Recipient address
> rejected: User unknown
>
> A grep of the logs shows that this has never happened before.
>
> The callout cache cached the address it couldn't test as bad (but didn't
> seem to cache the random test reject) and the mail was rejected.
>
> A quick glance at the code shows that this log could show up if the 1st
> RSET smtp_write_command() failed... I can't confirm that's what happened
> though.

Are you doing postmaster and/or random address callout?
If so, the problem is that after doing one RCPT TO, my original code
issued a RSET because some sites refuse more than one RCPT TO for null
envelopes.
Unfortunately, some sites do not implement RSET correctly, hence the
failure you see.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key