Re: [Exim] Bizarre problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John (TJ) Penton
A: Kelv
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Bizarre problem
On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Kelv wrote:

> I have a host, let's call it mail.domain1.com running Exim 4. The Exim
> installation is completely the default, with no changes at all to the
> configure file.
>
> For users that exist on the box, I can send and receive e-mail. Addresses
> are of the form user@???. I sent an e-mail from
> me@??? to user@??? and it arrived no problem as
> did my replies.
>
> I wanted to try handling mail for another domain, so after setting up the
> MX records, altered the local_domains line like so...
>
> domainlist local_domains = @ : domain2.com
>
> domain2.com has priority 10 MX to mail.domain1.com
>
> I restarted exim and sent an e-mail from me@??? to
> user@???. It arrived as expected.
>
> If I log into the shell for user on mail.domain1.com and start up Pine
> (totally default .pinerc) and reply to the e-mail sent from
> me@??? I would expect that the To: address shown would be
> me@???. It isn't though. It shows the To: address as
> user@???.
>
> If I go into the Pine configuration, set the user domain to domain2.com
> and then try to reply to the original e-mail, it gets the correct To:
> address of me@???. However the From: address is now
> incorrect. Rather than showing user@??? it shows
> user@???.
>
> I didn't get this behaviour when sendmail was the MTA so am sure it is
> something to do with Exim. I just don't know what.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this?

Do you have user@??? in your Pine alt-addresses configuration?
If you do, does this sort everything out?

I don't think this is actually an Exim issue - but it might be being
brought to light because of some extra header (Return-path:,
X-Envelope-To:) that Exim added or didn't add relative to Sendmail.

Try sending the same email to both MTAs and then look at the differences
between the mailboxes they write.

John

--
It would have been jolly to talk like this, and really, it wasn't much
use having anything exciting like floods, if you couldn't share them