Re: [Exim] conditional verification

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John Jetmore
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] conditional verification
On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> > receiver_verify
> > receiver_verify_hosts = ! 1.1.1.1 : ! 1.1.1.2 : ! 1.1.1.3
> >
> > My starting point was the generic install for sender verification:
> >
> > require verify = sender
>
> Well, your first example was verifying the recipient, not the sender. But anyway..

oops. I meant sender, just copied and pasted the wrong lines from the old
configs.

> Yes, this is the right idea, but there's a simpler version:
>
> deny  message = invalid sender ...
>        ! hosts = 1.1.1.1 : 1.1.1.2 : 1.1.1.3
>        ! verify = sender

> This way the host list processing is more logical (and it's more obvious what's
> going on).

hmm, good point. I ended up leaving it the old way and putting the host
list in a macro. That way the ACL can stay the same for all my servers,
and I can just change the macro if I want servers to change the default
behaviour. Seems to be working great so far. Thanks for your response.

--John