Re: [Exim] Queueing / direct delivery (local)

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Martijn Grendelman
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Queueing / direct delivery (local)
Martijn Grendelman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run a small web community of about 250 users and every once in a while, I
> send out a newsletter, from a PHP script. These are customised mails, so
> there are 250 separate transactions to be done.
>
> Before, when I used Exim 4.10, it took the script less than a minute to run
> and all (or most) mails ended up in the queue, to be sent from there.
>
> Recently, I upgraded to 4.14, but now the script takes over 9 minutes (!) to
> run, and it seems every mail gets delivered immediately. The queue only
> seems to end up with the few messages that couldn't be delivered right away.
>
> This Exim 4.14 is compiled with Exiscan, but other than that, I didn't make

Exiscan is a problem here, depending on your machine, and what you scan.
Tune your exiscan condition to not scan mails from local hosts.

> any changes to the configuration AFAICR. Now I can imagine that somehow
> Exiscan (which is always run, even for locally generated messages like
> these) could have this effect. Is that it, or did I just miss something or
> screw something else up?

How do you queue the mails?
How does your config look like?
"exim -bP | grep queue" should give some informations.

Nico