Re: [Exim] SSL problems with *.svr.pol.co.uk

Author: John Burnham
To: exim-users, Suresh Ramasubramanian
Subject: Re: [Exim] SSL problems with *.svr.pol.co.uk
Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Do they have an expired ssl certificate or something similar?

Hmm. It's possible I guess. But I just have ssl/tls set up to give an
encrypted transport, I use a self signed certificate and don't do any
certificate checking. And this is their servers trying to connect to
my server. It's interesting to note that if I telnet to port 25 on one
of their servers and issue an EHLO they don't advertise TLS:
utter $ telnet 195.92.168.141 25
Trying 195.92.168.141...
Connected to 195.92.168.141.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 tmailb1.svr.pol.co.uk ESMTP Exim 4.14 Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:14:42
+0000
250-tmailb1.svr.pol.co.uk Hello ******* [********]
250-SIZE 103857600
250-PIPELINING
250 HELP

And I've tried this on a couple of hosts on completely seperate
networks.
Basically, I just want to reassure myself that there's not something
broken in my setup - that there's a problem with their end, not mine.
John