Re: [Exim] local_scan

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Adrian Bool
CC: Exim List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] local_scan
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Adrian Bool wrote:

> No, only when I call popen() from within local_scan.

That is odd, because Exim sets SIGCHLD to SIGN_IGN in a number of
places. Maybe you just didn't hit any of them. Try submitting a message
like this:

exim <recipient>
.

That should obey signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN) when it spins off the process
for delivery.

> Well, it works out a lot cleaner with your functions so I'll stick with
> them. Given using such a C stub is encourged in your docs, "If you want
> to run code that is written in something other than C, you can of course
> use a little C stub to call it.", do you think that adding child_open and
> child_close to local_scan.h would be appropriate, or the start of a
> slippery path..?

You don't have to call other things as subprocesses...

I'll think about it.

Philip