Re: [Exim] local_scan

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Adrian Bool
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_scan
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Adrian Bool wrote:

> > Which operating system? Exim sets SIGCHLD to SIG_IGN in plenty of
> > places, and nobody has ever reported a complaint of that kind before.
> > Ignoring SIGCHLD is the standard thing to do when you want to spin off
> > a new process and not have anything more do do with it.
>
> Mandrake Linux 9.0. I did manage to stop the problem late last night by
> inserting a signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_DFL) in exim-4.14, receive.c:2421,

Do you get the complaint about SIGCHLD when you don't supply
local_scan() at all?

> I've remarked them out for now and am reworking my code to use your
> child_open and child_close functions - which already seem to have SIGCHLD
> covered. Is that a bit dodgy though as they are not part of the
> 'local_scan' API?

Yup, it's dodgy. I don't want to publish all the internal Exim function
specification, because that would make it hard to change them when I
need to. But if you are worried, you can always copy the child_xxx()
functions - they are small enough.