Re: For exim sake! Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting

Author: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: For exim sake! Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting
Drav Sloan <holborn-exim@???> writes:

> What if the 554 is deliberate?

Very unlikely. We could try to compare MTA market shares and their
behavior as a client, and I think there wouldn't be a clear majority
for either option (bounce, try next MX). So in practice, a 554
opening message will result in unwanted client behavior in a
significant number of cases, I suppose.

Maybe the 554 greeting makes sense in the following environment: an
internal mail server which is used by MUAs as smarthost has been
migrated to a different host. The 554 message helps the users to
adjust their settings. But I can't see a practical scenario for
non-local use.