Re: [Exim] Should I use courier local delivery? (was: exim-4…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Jeff Hahn
CC: 'EXIM Users'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Should I use courier local delivery? (was: exim-4 and courier delivery )
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 14:07, Jeff Hahn wrote:
> On several servers, I'm now using courier IMAP/POP servers for delivery to
> local MUA's. These are a couple of test boxes.
>
> I never thought of using courier as opposed to Exim Maildir for local
> delivery.

The example further up the thread was for exim doing direct delivery to
a Maildir (presumably then read by courier imap).

An alternative would be to use maildrop as an MDA (pipe transport to it
from exim).

The major advantage of doing this would be the ability for filtering -
not so much the filtering itself, but that the courier web front end
(sqwebmail) has a GUI for building maildrop filter rules. This is nice
for a webmail/imap box without general user access.

See
http://www.flounder.net/~mrsam/maildrop/
http://www.inter7.com/sqwebmail.html
http://www.inter7.com/sqwebmail/images/filters.png