[Exim] Virtual domain setup redux

Author: Khyron
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Virtual domain setup redux
MBM (exim@???) said:

See also: http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec_13.html#IX889

which is what the unqualified addresses will get qualified to. This will
probably need to be a non-virtual domain if that is how your system is
set up.

Okay, here's my qualify_domain:

qualify_domain = khyron.com

This is one of the virtual domains I have defined in
/local/etc/exim/virtual. So should I remove it from the
virtual domain configuration?

I tried this, and here's what I saw when running
"exim -C exim.conf.new -d -bt":

kwesi@??? -> dnslookup router -> kwesi@??? ->
virtual_aliases router -> kwesi@??? -> dnslookup router ->
virtual_aliases router -> kwesi@??? -> procmail router

Out of the procmail router, the "envelope to:" is kwesi@???.
Is this the best I can hope for? Is there no way the "envelope to:"
can be written as kwesi@??? and still delivered locally?
And am I now limited to adding aliases for the khyron.com domain
to the system-wide aliases file? Or should I *make* the khyron.com
aliases file the system aliases file?

What if I re-ordered the virtual_aliases router, moving it after the
system_aliases router, and making it look like this:

virtual_aliases:
driver = accept
domains = dsearch;/local/etc/exim/virtual
data = ${lookup{$local_part} lsearch*{/local/etc/exim/virtual/$domain}}
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
no_more

Why wouldn't changing the driver to "accept" allow it to be
processed via the procmail_pipe tansport?

-= Life is like an exploded clown. It's really funny until you figure
                       out what just happened. =-