Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Florian Weimer
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@???> writes:

> The problem is in people thinking they can do something about this
> automaticaly in software without human intervention. The RFCs state
> very clearly that human intervention is absolutely required here! Only
> the human sender can ultimately determine the correct course of action!

Unfortunately, the human sender has no way to instruct Exim to try the
next MX, after investigating the situation (unless patching Exim
counts as an option, of course).

I'm all for enforcing protocol conformity. But sometimes, priorities
are different. Not having to phone, for example. I hate to have to
use the phone, and I'll accept some obscure misinterpretation of the
SMTP standard if I can send mail instead. 8-)