Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting
On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> This box can, quite legitimately, accept connections from only one set of
> machines (the primary and backup MXs for the domains it serves) and return
> a 554 on connection for all other IPs - perhaps using something like
> rblsmtpd or tcpwrappers.

Hmm.. rblsmtpd behaves differently from what I said.

This is an example - telnet session to a server which is using rblsmtpd to
block all of APNIC (do I hear a loud shout of "stupid idiots"?) :)

Keep issuing 220s but 5xx after RCPT TO.

suresh@frodo 06:04:43 [~]$ telnet roundrobin.beer.com 25
Trying 209.171.53.28...
Connected to roundrobin.beer.com.
Escape character is '^]'.