Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users, Florian Weimer
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Reaction to rude 554 greeting
"Florian Weimer" <fw@???> wrote:

> Giuliano Gavazzi <eximlists@???> writes:
>
> > from the snippet you posted I cannot tell, but I guess exim will

send
> > a QUIT after a 554 response at connection. Perhaps it could try

anothe
> > MX,
>
> Exactly this is the idea. It could try another MX, to increase the
> likelyhood of mail delivery.

5xx means "go away". Trying to go through the backup MX when you get
blocked at the primary, or trying to punch in the mail through some
other server in the provider's network are not a very good idea.

If, for example, I was blocking your IP in some way, and you tried to
get around my block by trying to deliver through a backup MX, your IP
would go straight into our firewall deny rules.

    srs