Re: [Exim] exim-4.14 LDAP lookup fails to compile on Solaris…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Hans-Peter Zahno
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim-4.14 LDAP lookup fails to compile on Solaris 9
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Hans-Peter Zahno wrote:

> I'm just about to upgrade from 4.12 to 4.14 on solaris 9 using Sun One ldap
> libraries (LDAP_LIB_TYPE=SOLARIS) and I'm getting the following compile
> error:
> gcc -c -O ldap.c
> In file included from ldap.c:35:
> /usr/include/ldap.h:1420: `ldap_version' redeclared as different kind of
> symbol
> ../globals.h:29: previous declaration of `ldap_version'
> ldap.c: In function `perform_ldap_search':
> ldap.c:379: invalid lvalue in assignment
> make[2]: *** [ldap.o] Error 1
>
> Does anybody knows how to correctly resolve this problem?

Oh, rats! I suppose I should avoid using any variables whose names start
with ldap_ in order not to fall into this pit repeatedly.

Patch solution:

Globally change "ldap_version" to "exim_ldap_version" in the following
source files: globals.c and lookups/ldap.c.

Then change this line in readconf.c

{ "ldap_version",             opt_int,         &ldap_version },

{ "ldap_version",             opt_int,         &exim_ldap_version },