Re: [Exim] Newbie about ACL and relaying

Author: James P. Roberts
To: Vladimír Třebický, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Newbie about ACL and relaying
>I want exim to accept mails from every ip when MAIL FROM: includes
>local_domain. I know that it could be misused if somebody would be so rude
>and use others email address but I have no choice as long as I don't know
>either the ip or the hosts of clients.
>
>Thank you,
>Vladimir Trebicky

You do have another choice! :)

You will probably hear this more than once, but please look into "SMTP AUTH".
This can allow only authorized clients to relay through your server, no matter
where there are coming from. If you deliberately choose to be an open relay,
you will end up on many blacklists, which will not help your clients very
much.

Kind Regards,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.