Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14 - address_data from last router…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Rick Ennis
CC: Nico Erfurth, exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14 - address_data from last router run
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Rick Ennis wrote:

> I think I found a solution to my problem of getting the real [routed]
> user name into $address_data, and hence back to local_scan. But I'm not
> too familiar with most of these internal variables. So maybe Philip can
> tell me if this change would cause a memory leak or anything.

There won't be a memory leak - all Exim processes are short-lived,
apart from the daemon, and that does very little other than fork other
processes.

You do appear to have found a bug/infelicity in the handling of
address_data.

You'll be pleased to hear that you seem to have found the correct fix.

However, I haven't done more than take a quick glance at this. I've put
it on my work list to investigate in more detail in due course.

Philip