Re: [Exim] exim and local_scan SpamAssassin and receiving ma…

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim and local_scan SpamAssassin and receiving mails that have been SA scanned somewhere else
On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 02:53:04PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>
> > I have looked through the Spam Assassin docs and config files to see if
> > there is a setting to purge existing SA headers prior to running, and
> > in the local_scan SA stuff for exim, and in the exim mail flow, to see
> > if there was a way of purging these headers myself and I have not come
> > up with any solutions or found anything.
>
> Scan the header in local_scan() before running SA. For each header
> line that you want to remove, set the type field to "*". That will
> delete the header as far as Exim is concerned - but how are they then
> passed to SA? I'm not familiar with the details.

This is what SA-Exim does, but after re-reading my code I realized that
I only remove headers if I receive them from SA (the way Philip
describes it)
In other words, if when I run SA, it doesn't give me X-Spam-Flag,
SA-Exim doesn't delete it either.

I'll put a workaround for this in the next version.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key