Re: [OT] Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14

Author: Tony Finch
To: eximlists
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [Exim] Exim version 4.14
Giuliano Gavazzi <eximlists@???> wrote:

>Ok Phillipp... you forgot the poor screwdrivers, I am always annoyed
>to see the "philips" screwdriver been called "phillips". This is
>because I believe that it gets its name from that dutch electronics
>company, am I correct?

No, the Phillips screwdriver is invented after its inventor, Henry
F. Phillips, who was an Oregon businessman. His screw and driver
were invented in the mid-1930s for automated mass production.
He definitely has two Ls in his name.

Royal Philips Electronics is named after its founder, Gerard Philips,
who established it in 1891 in Eindhoven. It has three Ls, or one in
the usual abbreviation of its name.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
MULL OF KINTYRE TO ARDNAMURCHAN POINT: SOUTH OR SOUTHEAST 3 OR 4 LOCALLY 5