Re: [Exim] exim3.36 / authenticated_id and queuing

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Peter Galbavy
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim3.36 / authenticated_id and queuing
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> > There is no difference in the reception process between a message that
> > is queued and a message that has an immediate delivery attempt. The
> > difference is whether, *after* reception, a delivery process for that
> > message is or is not started.
>
> Sorry to sound like a real idiot, but that made little sense to me. Did you
> mean yes, no or maybe ? :-)

Er, I've forgotten which way round the question was put! (And re-reading
what I wrote, I see that it is ambiguous. Sorry.)

> Do you mean that it depends on *how* the delivery process is started ?

No. I mean that it does NOT depend on how the delivery process is
started.

> If the message is processed by the queue processing daemon rather than at
> time of SMTP, does this (using $authenticated_id) work at all ?

There is no difference in these two ways of delivering messages. In each
case, a new delivery process is started, and this process reads the data
for the message from the spool file. The value of $authenticated_id is
written to the spool file as part of the reception process. It doesn't
matter if the delivery process is started by a queue runner process, by
the reception process (just before it finishes), by hand, or by any
other means you can think of. It will read the same data from the spool.

I hope that's now clear!

Philip