Re: [Exim] included file ... too big (max 1048576)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Frank Elsner
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] included file ... too big (max 1048576)
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:12:45 GMT Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Frank Elsner wrote:
>
> > Testing my combination of exim-4 and majordomo I got a problem with one of
> > my lists:
> >
> > The alias for the list reads
> >
> > hoax-info-m@???::include:/usr/majordomo/lists/hoax-info
> > The problem is with
> >
> > # exim4 -bt hoax-info-m
> > hoax-info-m@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
> > error in redirect data: included file /usr/majordomo/lists/hoax-info is too big (max 1048576)
> >
> > How to increase the limit ?
>
> You have to rebuild Exim. In your Local/Makefile, put
>
> MAX_INCLUDE_SIZE = whatever
>
> and then rebuild. However, an included file of more than a megabyte is
> likely to be quite inefficient. How many addresses does it contain? You
> get the best performance out of Exim if you arrange to send mailing list
> messages with no more than about 100 recipients (in order to get
> parallelism in the routing).

It currently holds 30486 addresses.

The list is very rarely used, so efficiance is not the problem.

Thanks for your - quick as ever - answer.

Frank Elsner  /                         c/o  Technische Universitaet Berlin   |
 ____________/                               ZRZ, Sekr. E-N 50                |

|                                            Einsteinufer 17                  |
| Voice: +49 30 314 23897                    D-10587 Berlin                   |
| SMTP : Elsner@???             Germany    ______________________|