Re: [Exim] included file ... too big (max 1048576)

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Frank Elsner
CC: EXIM Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] included file ... too big (max 1048576)
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Frank Elsner wrote:

> Testing my combination of exim-4 and majordomo I got a problem with one of
> my lists:
>
> The alias for the list reads
>
> hoax-info-m@???::include:/usr/majordomo/lists/hoax-info
> The problem is with
>
> # exim4 -bt hoax-info-m
> hoax-info-m@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
> error in redirect data: included file /usr/majordomo/lists/hoax-info is too big (max 1048576)
>
> How to increase the limit ?

You have to rebuild Exim. In your Local/Makefile, put

MAX_INCLUDE_SIZE = whatever

and then rebuild. However, an included file of more than a megabyte is
likely to be quite inefficient. How many addresses does it contain? You
get the best performance out of Exim if you arrange to send mailing list
messages with no more than about 100 recipients (in order to get
parallelism in the routing).