Re: [Exim] CRAM-MD5 fudging

Author: Tamas TEVESZ
To: John Jetmore
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] CRAM-MD5 fudging
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, John Jetmore wrote:

> > CHALLENGE = $tod_epoch@$primary_hostname
>
> hmmm. that's a cool idea. The only real problem I see is that the
> challenge is supposed to change. still, that's a cool idea for a work
> around.

it *does*. remember, the conffile is re-read every time a new child is
spanned. and for every connection there is a new child. presto ;)

you can add several more random noise to it. hacking together stuff
like $random and friends is really easy.

> although it might cause problems because it doesn't look to be an rfc
> compliant challenge string. From RFC2195:

'twas just some example. tweak as you please :)

--
[-]
... and the rest is silence.