Re: [Exim] Exim 4.12 on FreeBSD not running queues - SOLVED?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Charlie Root
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Παλιά Θέματα: RE: [Exim] Exim 4.12 on FreeBSD not running queues
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.12 on FreeBSD not running queues - SOLVED?
On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 03:37:47PM +0100, Danny.Carroll@??? wrote:
> The breaking news from my site is that after cvsupping world and rebuilding (host OS' world, kernel and jails world) the problem seems to be solved.
>
> Just as well too as my next step was to try Philip Hazel's suggestion and add some custom debugging... :)
> I would have liked to figure it out to help others with the same problem, but the only thing i can suggest is a mismatch between kernel/host world/jail world....

Suddenly I've found the solution. The problem is connected with /dev/random
- if, for some reasons, /dev were not rebuilt, queue is not running.

Due to fails in SCSI subsystem I've obtained the second box
demonstrating the same behaiviour, i.e. not running Exim queue. Also
there was a problem with ssh ("PRNG is not seeded"). After

%cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV all

both problems disapperared. Then I returned to one of remote boxes I
noticed the same misbehaviour and repeated MAKEDEV. The problem with
Exim's queue disapperared again.

Regards,
--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.