Re: [Exim] how to relay w/ passwd only

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Hanasaki JiJi
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] how to relay w/ passwd only
[I am also sending this to the list]

At 18:43 -0600 2003/03/09, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:
[...]
>Any smtp server should be able to deliver to <anyone>@hanaden.com
>    I think localdoman of hanaden.com gives me this.. however,
>hostname1.hanaden.com is able to send email through this server
>without an authentication.  this is the problem.

>Any client <ex: mozilla> should be able to send to anyone/anywhere
>if they successfully authenticate.
>    accept  authenticated = *  <= done

Now your requirements make much more sense.

There is one principle to be kept in mind with exim, ACLs rule!
So, there is no global configuration except for a few booleans and
the list of addresses to listen on. [Well, not exactly, but this is
essentially it]
When you define a domain list it has no effect whatsoever, until you
use the list in your acls.
So, what the definition of local_domains = hanaden.com does, depends
on how you use it in the rcpt acl.

Since you want to accept mail for users at hanaden.com, you need this rule:

   accept  domains       = +local_domains
           endpass
#          message       = unknown user    <<< use this or the next or none
           message       = $acl_verify_message
           verify        = recipient

this will only accept mail for local recipients.

This plus:

accept authenticated = *

deny message = relay denied

(this deny must be the last rule, although it is implied, adding it
gives a useful message)

will be at the core of an exim rcpt acl.

>Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>>At 14:27 -0600 2003/03/09, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:
>>
>>>the goal is to require an id/pass for any email send/relay (even if it
>>>is being sent to or from the domain that exim is servicing)
>>>
>>>tried taking all hosts/domains out of local_domians and got the error
>>>lowest numbered mx is localhost
>>

>>local_domains is just a name. You only accept what you accept (in the
>>RCPT acl) and do not deny at any other stage.

[...]