RE: FW: [Exim] BCC list at first MTA in chain - Any list, tw…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Boyle Owen
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim list
Aihe: RE: FW: [Exim] BCC list at first MTA in chain - Any list, two MTAsin series..

Excellent explanation - I had misunderstood the status of the To and Cc
and so on. Of course; all that matters is the RCPT TO fields.. In that
case, the delivery process is handled with maximum parsimony with each
MTA making as few SMTP transactions as possible so that the mails fan
out in a tree-pattern (I had feared a star pattern).

>I was going to explain this in more detail last time but after going
>back to your original message to reply, I decided I couldn't
>be bothered
>to help you because your pointless and idiotic disclaimer offended me.
>Having seen how tenuous a grasp SWX has on legal matters relating to
>email, I would never want to deal with them. Seriously, if your company
>is so clueless they insist on adding such crap, get a webmail
>account or something.

I guess my personal disclaimer, disclaiming the official disclaimer
didn't cut any ice... I'm sorry about the disclaimer - yes, it's
pointless, yes, it's annoying, but unfortunately, I'm just a grunt and
"They" have decided it's a good idea. Most companies are maximally
paranoid nowadays and, as you're no doubt aware, stick these stupid
"disclaimers" on at the outgoing gateway.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>--
>dwmw2