Re: [Exim] how to relay w/ passwd only

Top Pagina
Auteur: Giuliano Gavazzi
Aan: Hanasaki JiJi, List - Exim
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] how to relay w/ passwd only
At 14:27 -0600 2003/03/09, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:
>the goal is to require an id/pass for any email send/relay (even if it
>is being sent to or from the domain that exim is servicing)
>
>tried taking all hosts/domains out of local_domians and got the error
>lowest numbered mx is localhost

local_domains is just a name. You only accept what you accept (in the
RCPT acl) and do not deny at any other stage.
Thus, if you do only accept from authenticated:

accept authenticated = *

you have achieved your aim.

Mind, you cannot put a so configured server as MX for any domain on
the internet.

ALso, if authentication is on the network (public or not), it must be
encrypted in some way, tunnel or SSL.

>can someone please provide some info to get me going down the right path?

apart from what I wrote, just a light reading work would have
enlightened you (heck, even just reading a standard configuration
file would have been enough).

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/