Re: [Exim] scanning with sa-exim based on headers

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Rick Ennis
Cc: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] scanning with sa-exim based on headers
On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Rick Ennis wrote:

> From: "Nico Erfurth" <masta@???>:
>
> > If you want to play with the fire, you can install the current exim 4.14
> > snapshot, it provides the usage of ACL-variables, per connection and per
>
> Sweet deal! I saw one of your earlier posts about running a 4.14 snapshot
> but it didn't occur to me where to find it until today. I agree, that blurb
> in the NewStuff file sounds perfect...

I run the snapshot with exiscan, and it works nice, no problems so far :)

> > 24. There are now some variables that can be set explicitly during ACL
> >    processing, and used to pass information between different ACLs and
> >    different invocations of the same ACL. There are two sets of these
> >    variables:

> Thanks for the tip. It's also good to know I'm not totally off the wall
> with my understanding of how 4.12 does it.

The default way that sa-exim uses isn't secure, but as I said in my first
mail, you still can work around this by using a password, and an md5-hash.
It's not impossible, just a bit more difficult, because the same header
could be there more than one time with different values :)

Nico