Re: [Exim] Exim Rejecting emails when I don't want it to

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: BJ Clark, Kevin P. Fleming
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim Rejecting emails when I don't want it to
At 18:34 -0700 2003/03/07, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>BJ Clark wrote:
>>Hi, I've got a new Exim install on my server and in the rejectlog I get
>>lots of entries like this:

[snip]
>>2003-03-07 13:04:02 H=localhost (servername.server.com) [127.0.0.1]
>>F=<www@???> temporarily rejected RCPT
>><someone@???>: Could not complete sender verify
>
>The MX listed for the sender's domain did not answer.
>

>>How can I stop this? I need all of these emails to be delivered.
>
>Really? You want people to be able to use your server as an open
>relay (#2)? You
>want to accept messages from non-existent sender addresses (#1, #3)? Why would
>you want to do those things?

I agree with #1 and #2 but #3 was clearly from a local user and
perhaps the sender verify was not completed because the MX pointed to
itself? [BTW, where did the To: header in your reply go?]

To reply to the original poster (Mr Clark):
In order to have these messages relayed (the ones from the
localhost), you need to either accept authenticated senders (and have
the client application use authentication) or add 127.0.0.1 to
relay_from_hosts and add a rule

accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts

early in the rcpt acl.
Also is your client application setting its envelope sender properly?
Do you want www@??? or wouldn't be www@???
more appropriate?

[But are you really advertising "hosting solutions"...?]

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/