Re: [Exim] problem with webmail and exim

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: asbjorn, exim users, squirrelmail-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] problem with webmail and exim
At 10:47 AM 3/8/2003 +0100, Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad wrote:

>hi!
>
>I'm using squirrelmail with exim. My problem is that when I compose a
>message, the mail looks like it's sent from "apache@..." and not
>"[user]@..."
>
>I'm using exim 4 and squirrelmail 1.2.11
>
>do you figure this is an exim error or a webmail error? And does anybody
>know how to fix it?

Two ways -

1. squirrelmail uses the -f option to set the envelope sender - but exim
doesn't allow untrusted users (like the apache user, www) to set the
envelope sender. So, add www to the trusted_users list.

or

2. Have squirrelmail open a connection to localhost:25 to send out mail (<-
a suggestion which Matthew Byng-Maddick is sure to jump very heavily on ...
but there fwiw)

         suresh