Re: [Exim] not delivering what sendmail does

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: nigel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] not delivering what sendmail does
On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 nigel@??? wrote:

> I've got a system that runs a proprietary program from another vendor and
> that program sends out emails to useres occasionally. Right now it is
> running sendmail but I want to switch to exim. However exim won't deliver
> the mail but sendmail does. I don't have any control over the contents or
> headers of the email.

Do you have control over the command that it issues to call the MTA?

> A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no
> delivery could be attempted.

Sounds like it's calling Exim without any command line recipients and
also without the -t option (which pulls the recipients out of the To:
and Cc: lines). Try setting

log_selector = +arguments

in the Exim configuration file. That will make it log the arguments with
which it is called. My betting is that something is strange in the
argument list.

> The To: address is valid but is there something missing from this header?

Nothing wrong with the header; the problem is with the envelope, it
would appear.

Philip