[Exim] Double quotes in email adressess and mail looping

Author: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior
To: Lista Exim
Subject: [Exim] Double quotes in email adressess and mail looping
--
Hello.. I still struggling with my amavis (0.3.12-pre8) and exim (4.12).
Some addresses that are coming for my server are in the format "Indique
<envio"@divulgadornet.com. Exim passes the message for amavis using

amavis -f <$sender_address> -p $pipe_adresses

(bellow is the transport)

---------------

amavis:                                                                           driver = pipe
  command = "/usr/sbin/amavis -f <${sender_address}> -d
${pipe_addresses}"
# for debugging change return_output to true
  return_output = true
  return_path_add = false
  user = amavis
  group = amavis
  path = "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"
  current_directory = "/var/amavis"

---------------

$sender_adress is the address from where the message come from and
$pipe_adress expands to the recipients of the message

the ps aux command gives me:

/usr/bin/perl -T /usr/sbin/amavis -f <"Indique
<envio"@divulgadornet.com> -d xxxxx@???

that is what Exim is running. In the same ps output i get:

/usr/lib/sendmail -oMr scanned-ok -i -f <"Indique
<envio"@divulgadornet.com> xxxxxx@???

that is amavis returning the message for exim after scanning.

Exim stores the email in the input/ directory, using one file for the
headers and one for the data (body) of the email. they are named using
<message-id>-H for headers and <message-id>-D for data.

Searching the message in the queue (it changes really fast, I have to
find it using grep), I find some weirdness:

- The header file contains almost no headers, and the X-Virus-Scanned
isn't added (a normal header file has it in the last place)

- The data file is the rest of the headers that have to be in the
headers file, and no data at all.

- The data files get bigger and bigger, and the message is stuck in a
loop that adds more and more headers (including the X-Virus-Scanned,
Subject and other headers that aren't in the header file), and adds it
to where the data is supposed to be. There're messages getting to 8M, 7M
and they'll not stop growing...

I tried to add a \'$SENDER\' in the ARGS for sendmail_wrapper in amavis,
but exim complais that '< can't be in a valid email address. I tried to
escape the quotes in exim before sending it to amavis, but it doesn't
work either.

It's a bug in amavis? There's a fix? or I'll have to block email
adresses that are in the "xxxx xxx"@??? format (the RFC 822 says
that this is a valid email. so, blocking it isn't very RFC
compliant...).

Thanks for any help...

--
José de Paula Eufrásio Júnior