Re: [Exim] BCC list at first MTA in chain

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Tony Finch
CC: Owen.Boyle, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] BCC list at first MTA in chain
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 15:18, Tony Finch wrote:
> "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@???> wrote:
> >
> >If so, is it possible to force exim to pass on the message with the BCC
> >list intact, thus letting the gateway do the fan-out?
>
> That's what happens by default. Check batch_max in the spec.

I think the original sender was confused and thinks that the actual
presence of a Bcc header in the body of the mail bears some relation to
the destination of that mail or affects the subsequent smarthost's
behaviour.

Does Exim strip Bcc headers on mail received by SMTP at all? It thought
that was supposed to be done by the MUA?

--
dwmw2