Re: [Exim] All recipients rejected when one address is bad.

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Ed Ames
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] All recipients rejected when one address is bad.
Ed Ames wrote:
> When a user uses my EXIM box as a relay and one of many recipients is
> invalid (fails LDAP lookup), The entire message is rejected (not sent
> to the remaining recipients). For example: If the message is sent
> to both good.address@??? and bad.address@???, the
> message is delivered to neither. Ideas?
>
> Exim 4.1 exiscan 4.10.20

This is a client-problem, most MUAs will disconnect if they receive a
5xx for an address, because they don't maintain "partial send" mails.
The client will stop before it even sends the DATA-part, so exim can't
send out the mail.

If another MTA connects to you, it will (most probably) deliver the mail
to all addresses which aren't refused.

If you really want to accept mails for undeliverable recipients, remove
the receiver verification in your RCPT-ACL.

Nico