[Exim] Mail

Author: Stevo
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Mail
Hey All Exim Experts...

I have a little problem. I have 2 SMTP servers in my DMZ - one running Exim and one running Exchange2K. They both have 10.x IP's and are the MX's for 2 different domain names - let's say abc.com and xyz.com. Receiving and sending mail to and from anywhere on the internet work great, but when I try to send mail between the domains things don't work!!

Obviously the reason for this is that when abc.com tries to send to xyz.com the MX record for xyz.com is the 'outside' address for xyz.com and not the 10.x address. So it can't make a SMTP connection.

So I have 2 questions....

1) How do I correct this problem?? (I've tried adding a /etc/hosts file for the xyz.com domain)
2) I can't send any more mail to the xyz.com domain - it gives me the error "retry time not reached for any host" so when I do a ./exinext test@??? it tells me that the next try will be in like 6 hours time. How can I force the message to be retried at an earlier time?!

Thanks

--Stevo