[Exim] nisplus lookups in rewrite rules.

Author: Stuart Jenkins
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] nisplus lookups in rewrite rules.
We're trying to reference our nis+ mail_aliases table to perform a rewrite of
outgoing addresses using exim 3.36

We've had success using

*@host ${lookup{$0}lsearch{/etc/testalias}\
         {$value}fail}@??? fFrs

where testalias is an appropriately formated file contain entries of the form

user@host    alias

and this does what we want.

However when we try and do the same thing with a nisplus query it fails. We can
find no specific examples for this sort in any of the documentation, the nearest
we can figure out to something which should work is.

*@host ${lookup{$0}nisplus{[expansion="${0}"],mail_aliases.org_dir:alias}\
{$value}fail}@???

("expansion" is the name of the column in the nis+ mail_alias.org_dir table).
But this gives an error message of

Expansion of
${lookup{$0}nisplus{[expansion="${0}"],mail_aliases.org_dir:alias}{$value}fail}@
oup.co.uk failed while rewriting: a single key was given for lookup type
"nisplus", which is not a single-key lookup type

The relevant part of the Exim Specification (6.10, more about NIS+,
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec_6.html#SEC155 ) implies we've
got it right.

any suggestions?

    Stuart