Re: [Exim] Address (recipient) verification

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Address (recipient) verification
Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> Hello Exim likes,
>

> There is one thing that has bothered me for long, whose solution I would
> greatly appreciate.
>
> I relay for several IP blocks on our network, so I have
>
> hostlist relay_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : a.b.c.d/19 : e.f.g.h/25
>
> I do not want, under any circumstances, to do recipient (not sender) address
> verification when these hosts are submitting mail. I want my server to accept
> the mail and then attempt to send it anyway and only generate error on failure.
> This way, they can submit mail even when dns resolution is temporarily unavailable
> (our uplinks go off here quite often).
>
> The section of the configure file that I believe deals with this the ACL for
> check_recipient, yes? Mine is a bit messy, to say the least. I would appreciate
> if someone can bang my head with the clue stick as to what needs to be tuned
> here:

YOU CALL THIS MESSY?
Don't understate ;)

For your needs, just put the

accept hosts = +relay_hosts

in front of the other ACL-statements.

In general, you should clean up your ACLs a bit, put some checks
together, and do all the local checks before sender-callout and
RBL-checks (unless you really need them after the external checks).

Nico